Tuesday, November 13, 2018

Off grid post 11.4.18 ( roof for trailer )

Updated,
11.13.18:

The roof over the trailer project has been postponed indefinitely.  I would say cancelled, but it is possible that it could be built in the future, but not now.  However, the odds are against building it.  Unless something happens that changes my mind, that is.

original post:

Not a whole lot going on right now, but there is one big thing.  If I put a roof on, I have to commit to staying for a couple years longer at this location.

A roof could cost upwards of a thousand, depending upon a few factors.

Yesterday, I practiced digging a hole with an auger bit.  This hole should be deep enough for a 4x4 post.  I would need 4 more for the current plan.

That's the big thing.

The little things still involve water and energy.  I made a few changes to lifestyle that may limit water usage.  This part of my project is coming along nicely.

Still haven't got things figured out with respect to the energy usage.  Even though I have kept that way down, it is still more than I can expect to have available from solar panels out there.

Wind would work out there, but not here.  So, I won't try a wind turbine idea here.

The time table gets pushed back and back and back.  Two more years is a long time.  Anything can happen in that amount of time.



No comments:

Post a Comment