Sunday, January 20, 2019

Off-grid post, 1.20.19 ( RV training )

Time flies when you are having fun.  /sarc

Well, it isn't quite like that.  A week has gone by without any posts here.  When I re-activated this blog, I didn't realize how little I would post on it.

But the off-grid project continues.

Some of the posts on the other blog belong here, but I was too lazy to sign in over here, and so I neglected this blog.

On the other blog, I mentioned some RV training I was considering.  I signed up for an online course to get some education on how to drive this thing.  Despite doing deliveries for over 30 years, I never handled anything like this trailer before, so the training is going to be necessary.

The training only costs 39 bucks, so it is a bargain.  Another alternative would have been to take the trailer out to the school, but I don't want to undo a lot of stuff that has been done around here.  If I undo it, it will be to move out permanently.  That is a big step.

Thus far, I have covered about 20 percent of the course.

Let's be realistic here.  Even with a course like this, there is no substitute to actually driving the thing around.  So, this is just a start.


No comments:

Post a Comment