Friday, September 27, 2019

Idea for a post

This idea came into my head just now.  Or is it a rehash of something previously thought up?

I once had an idea to use an electric car to get around, and solar panels to recharge the batteries.  That would be on the property out in west Texas.

If somebody used a system of deep charge batteries to power both home and transportation, that would be an idea worth pursuing. Or so it seems.  I actually had that idea once, but it seems too far-fetched at this time with my resources.

I'd have to get help.  Where to turn?

So maybe you go to this program I saw advertised.  That may be a risky idea by the way.

Anyway, if you were to get solar panels for FREE ( as the ad suggests is possible--- there is gotta be a catch ), then you could get power for both home and transportation by using an electric car.  Use the panels to charge the batteries for both home and transportation.

I was thinking the Volt.  But I may not want to spend the money that would entail.  Then you have to convert a vehicle to electric to try to do it on the cheap.

The commercial units use 360 volt systems.  Now if you were to put 30 12 volt batteries in series, you'd get 360 volts.  Then if you discharge each of the 30 batteries at 12 volts and 5 amp hr, that would give you 1.8 kw power available.  Not much.  But at 360 volts at 150 amp hr gives 54 kw power.  You can run something with that.

I don't have the expertise for that.  It would be easy for me to screw it up.

Just a thought.   Like everything else.


No comments:

Post a Comment