Monday, December 20, 2010

I'm asking for it

And I just might get it.  I went over to Transterrestrial Musings and left a comment there about the heavy lifter rocket being developed for NASA.  Before doing that, I followed the link to article he linked to from Rand Simberg's blog.

I realize that I am not an expert.  So, I just might get creamed.  We'll see.

Update:

I misspelled the name of the blog.  Great.  Corrected now.

Update:

As of this writing, there have been 7 comments in response to that post at Rand Simberg's blog.  I made 3 of them. There were a couple of responses to my comments, but nothing that I would call a disaster, fortunately.


If I am lucky, maybe I got some people to consider my ideas.  But I don't believe in counting on luck.  I'll keep posting on the external tanks as space station concept.  I think the idea may live to fight another day.


Update:

There was one reply to my comment at The Space Review .  "Coastal Ron" wrote the reply.  There doesn't appear to be much love for the shuttle derived system.  Not that I have a "dog in this hunt".  I'm not an employee of NASA, nor is anybody I know nor any relatives.  I have no financial stake in the outcome.

If this program is going to survive, it may well have to come from the Democrats.  It is also fair to point out that all the Democrats really want is a jobs program.  Between the two factions, this system may just die for lack of interest.  Too bad.  

No comments:

Post a Comment