Friday, December 10, 2010

Maybe it makes too much sense

By way of Al Fin and NextBigFuture, I came across this post at Centauri Dreams.  What caught my attention was the lunar rotovator concept that I mentioned in the previous post.  It's possible that I looked at this yesterday, and that is what was in my mind this morning. 

Paul Gilster, the author of the post, suggests reading this book, which fleshes out the proposition. 

As for the why this idea may never catch on, well, it wouldn't surprise me a bit.  With a government that spends as much as this one does, the opposite thought may be believed.  But conventional wisdom being what it is, it is most likely wrong.  To the contrary, this idea could save a lot of money, and even make a lot of money.  That is the reason it won't get done.  Nobody believes its any good because no one is doing it.  Yet, look at all the stupidity that is going on.  Even if this was bat do-do crazy, it wouldn't be worse than this other crap they are wasting money on.

No comments:

Post a Comment