Saturday, August 10, 2019

Another rocket stove concept

Updated,

8.10.19:

An idea has occurred to me that I could use the rocket stove concept to suck air into the geothermal tubes that I am contemplating.  Air is sucked into the rocket stove by way of the combustion and expansion of the superheated air rising from the flames.  It is why it is called the rocket stove, due to the air suction effect. 

I was wondering if that could be substituted in place of an electric fan.  The fan is using a scarce resource, such as electricity, in order to move the air through the geothermal vents.  Now, the rocket stove is going to heat the hell out of it anyway, so the geothermal temperature effect is lost, I suppose.

However, the air will be heated, and the piping could be used as a chimney.  I was thinking of a heat exchange device that would be employed, so as to gain heat from the pipe and transfer it to water, through which a fan would blow the heated air into the room.

Just a thought.



8.5.19:

Comment:

The Greenshorts guy is at it again with another rocket stock concept.  Or am I the one at it again with these embedded videos?  Either way, it is bad.  I don't know rocket stoves.

This one uses a terra cotta chimney thingie as the, er, chimney thingie.  The firebox thingie is made of other stuff.

Whatever.

The thing that interests me is that it may be possible to do some hacking on this in order to make it fit my plans.  For instance, what about wrapping a copper tube around the chimney thingie, and heat up some water?  The water can be used for space heating, and the top part can be used for cooking.

Hmm.  Might be worthwhile.





No comments:

Post a Comment