Tuesday, February 19, 2019

Life below Zero

It is a TeeVee series that my brother recommended.  I refer to this brother as "Worf", because "Worf" in the Star Trek universe is a Klingon-- a warrior species.  My brother was in the military, which I was not.

Anyway, I have seen one of the episodes.  One that struck me is that there was a woman who went into a place in which she expected to see bears.  These might be polar bears, which will definitely eat you if they can.

The broader population of people out there, when they think of polar bears, they think they are like the bears in the Coca Cola commercial.  But these are dangerous beasts.  This woman gets dropped off by a plane, and she is alone against the elements, and she is a long, long way from everything.

Yet, here I am, in West Texas sometimes, and thinking I am doing something.  Ha, ha, ha....

People who go to Mars, or to the Moon, need to be like this woman.


No comments:

Post a Comment