Tuesday, September 20, 2011

E-cat and Wikipedia

I am not that familiar with how articles are produced on Wikipedia.  I do use it a lot though, so going through this article is something of an education.

First thing I noticed is that the article's editor(s) are under sanction.  Then I came across this:
Abd placed under involuntary mentorship

Who's Abd?  When I clicked on his name, it said Abd was banned.  Not much info there.  But there's an explanation of what the discipline entails.  Rather than repeat it here, you can read it through it, if you wish.

Articles of Steven Krivit may have had something to do with status of the E-cat on Wikipedia.  Especially since it was a critical review.  Some reassurance may be taken from this:
Krivit is not a reliable source -- see my comments in the section above 'Levi strongly denies'. --Brian Josephson (talk) 17:20, 17 August 2011 (UTC)
One more little snippet here:
This page was last modified on 14 September 2011 at 23:51.
The story continues.

Update:

I don't know how this happened, so let me just explain it briefly.  I went to Brian Josephson's site and watched the video there.  There were some links to download some files that I thought I may share here.  I downloaded one of them, but my computer wouldn't play it.  So, I clicked on the "open files" by using the internet, and one of the files that could open it was called Free File Open or something like that.  I started to install it, and the virus protection software I had flagged it as a trojan.  I had it removed immmediately and I'm in process of scrubbing all references to it from that computer.  I am using another computer now while that is in process.  Needless to say, do not use this Free File Open program.  It may be infected with a really bad virus.

I took down the link above to Josephson's site.  He will have to track down the problem on his end, in case he learns anything about this.

No comments:

Post a Comment