Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Master Plan

I guess I've said it before on this blog.  It bears repeating, but this time it gets its own post with an easier to remember title.

What I want to do is to put a hydrolysis electrolysis unit on a hydrogen fuel cell powered car.  I want to procure supplies of platinum group metals mined from space ( Moon or asteroids).  The reason for this is these are rare on Earth and if everyone is to drive one of these, we are going to need a lot of these metals.  If the fuel cell powered car is successful, that is.

I want to do this because I think it is important for the USA to stop importing so much oil.  It will secure our energy future, and for that matter, the energy future for the entire world.  Methanol is relatively easy to make, the ancient Egyptians were familiar with it.  At present, USA uses ( according to memory) about 20 million barrels of oil daily.  Using methanol in this fashion could eliminate a lot of these imports.  As a result, it would help with the trade deficit and help the dollar.    In connection with the space program, it will provide jobs and put people back to work.  It will make prosperity possible.  It is not possible under the current conditions.

I think it should be a high national priority.  Given the political instability in the oil producing regions of the world, it could mean the difference between war and peace.


Update:  With respect to the methanol hydrolyzer electrolyzer, I can't find any information available about this except the pdf file I've been referencing.  My best guess is that this device is not being built at present.  If it is, it is a big secret.  No, it is probably not being built anywhere.  Evidently there is something missing here.  In order to discover this, I may have to run the experiment myself.  Or find the patent(s) on file, and attempt to take it from there.

This pdf file had a phone number to contact someone about it, but that number has been disconnected.  There is a mailing address, so I suppose I could write to inquire about it.  That seems a bit shaky.

Update: March 3 approx 6:30 am cst

I overlooked something, but it doesn't appear significant at this time.  It is DMFC's , which are being built already.  The site I visited claims these can be used in vehicles, but that doesn't look like the case to me.  Not powerful enough.  Too big for the power generated, too.  These may have some limited usefulness for range extension for batteries, as far as I can tell.

Stand alone fuel cells do have enough power for a vehicle, but how to handle the hydrogen issue?  That's what I'm trying to find out.

No comments:

Post a Comment