Sunday, October 14, 2018

9.25.18: Off-grid notes ( altimeter )


9:25.18:

----A close inspection of the boundary waypoints shows that -the east-west line
between the north 20 and the south 20 -- runs in a slightly north-south direction.
Distance is between 50 and 100 feet.  The west side is more northern than the
south.

----The thought occurred to me that animals can crawl underneath the trailer or
cabin.  Need to prevent that.  Don't want animals making a home underneath mine.

----Have considered laying a slab out there to combat this, but it is way too
impractical.  May seem otherwise to the professional who suggested this, but
I am the one who has to build this thing.  Therefore, this idea is out.  I
I would really like to make this a final decision on this item.

----An idea came to me to pull the trailer there with incinerating toilet, and then
integrating the trailer into a cabin.  A cabin would be 8x24', with the last
8 feet as a bathroom.  Since the trailer is only five feet wide, it will have
to be widened to line up with the rest of the structure.

----Subdivision idea could work, since other people are selling lots less than
20 acres in size out there.  I think five acres is the limit, but I don't think
I will go down that small.

----Got an idea to do my own research on typography.    (it's topography) Also, on the potential of
a water well.

Update ( 9.27.18) :


Watch "Find the Topography of Any Property in the World" on YouTube

Update ( 9.30.18):

Altimeter not in stock!  I might be ordering one once they are back in stock.


Update ( 10.5.18):

Now in stock and order is on the way.

Update ( 10.14.18):

It has arrived.  Actually, I have had it for several days.  It is like a new toy, which I have had some time to play with.  It will be useful in determining the highest point on the property.  More than likely, it won't make that much difference, because the land is pretty flat.  However, you cannot
go by the topographical maps, nor the Garmin, which depends upon topographical maps.

It will also be useful for weather forecasting, as it is sensitive to changes in barometric pressure.


No comments:

Post a Comment