Saturday, March 9, 2019

Garmin waypoints to google maps

Looks like you can translate between the two, and save your work.

After transferring all the garmin waypoints to google, I now have a better picture, ( I think ), than I did before.

It is nearly a mile to "blueberry hill" from my place.  This would be as the crow flies.  I thought it was about a half mile.  So, there's that.

There isn't nearly enough information in the google maps.  Nothing like traversing the ground to get you the complete picture.  However, it is also useful to see the big picture.  Each procedure complements the other.

I have been told that there are alternative routes to use if the roads flood.  That is a possibility out there.  Just one look at the google maps can tell you where the likely bad spots are.  They can be pretty bad indeed.  I was told that the road was flooded for two weeks back in 2014.  This was a period of heavy rain.

On the way out, I timed it at 30 minutes or so.  Actually, I took a video, and kept it on for the entire exit trip.  The quality is horrendous, but it did tell me this much.

All in all, even though I spent only a few hours out there on the last trip, I did get some info.  Some food for thought.


No comments:

Post a Comment