Friday, March 29, 2019

How to make Wood Gas Biofuel ( updated )


Perhaps this could be useful in making a limited amount of gas for modest purposes.

Interesting idea on how to collect and purify the gas.  However, it may contain hydrogen gas, which has the tendency of  weakening metal containers.  Therefore, getting a practical result may be elusive.

Just watched another video from this guy, and this one starts to get closer to a practical device.  The gasifier is upgraded, and a storage device is built.

Update:

I thought I might make one of these for reclamation purposes.  That is, to reclaim some waste products for recycling.  For example, I use quite a bit of aluminum these days for cooking.  If I were to put the used aluminum with food residues on it in this wood gas thing, it would burn off the food residues, and give a small amount of gas.  I could also get rid of paper waste, and other possibilities.


No comments:

Post a Comment