Saturday, March 9, 2019

Adobe bricks

Updated:

3.9.19:

A bit of research shows how to make concrete.  One of the components is sand.  The other is aggregate--- I take this to mean gravel.  Therefore, if there is a source for aggregate on the property, then all of the building materials can be obtained on site.  However, I don't think I have any gravel source.  I'd have to obtain it nearby, hopefully.

3.8.19:

One thing I noticed in digging my hole on that last trip, is that there is a potential building material here of great abundance--- sand.

I had this idea before, and now I am thinking of it again.  Indeed, I took some bentonite that I bought, and made something like adobe with it.  It did crumble up a bit too easily, so I need something else besides bentonite.

Perhaps concrete mixed with sand?

This requires some research.

Here's a video.  This is by no means the extent of the research.



No comments:

Post a Comment