- A satellite orbiting the Earth contains absolutely no critical parts made in the USA.
- How has this happened?
- During the Cold War, Congress enacted the International Traffic in Arms Regulations Act...
- enacted a sweeping set of new rules that served only to punish American companies that were playing by the rules.
- Many of our universities, for example, have simply stopped teaching courses related to satellite technologies
- it is past time to shed irrational regulations
- The U.S. is on the verge of ceasing to be a space superpower. And most of the damage that has brought us to this point has been self-inflicted -- by our own excessive laws and regulations.
Who's to blame? Who cares. If it is broke, fix it.