Tuesday, September 4, 2018

Collected nine gallons of rainwater

Last night, it rained at least an inch.  It filled up my collection bucket, which holds maybe seven gallons.  Then, after pulling out a bunch of water, it rained again today.

So far, that is nine gallons.  Maybe a gallon and a half remaining.

Even though I collect nine gallons, I discarded several gallons that I didn't want to mess with.  Not that it couldn't be used, but I simply do not have the place to put all this water.

The idea occurred to me that I can flush out the fresh water tank of the trailer, but this was a big enough job as it is.  You may not agree, but to me, this was work.

I had to screen out the water, which might have debris in it.  The water I have at this point isn't filtered yet.  But that has to wait.

Gotta be an easier way to do this.  One thing is clear, I need to work on my water collection system.


No comments:

Post a Comment