Tuesday, September 11, 2018

Management of water resources



Today's blog post will be about septic systems.  That is because I found my book
that I wasn't looking for.  This relates to my organizing effort mentioned on
my other blog.

So, what did I learn from reading it?  Nothing new really.  Just things forgotten.

For my purposes, a composting toilet may be required.  Don't know if the authorities
there will allow an incinerating toilet as a substitute.  I could always use
both if the incinerator isn't prohibited.

Let's assume that a composting toilet is used instead.

It needs to be placed on the southern side of the house, with a window that will
allow sunshine in.  That is because the little microbes will need to be kept
warm and then they can do their job.  The window will use the greenhouse effect
to warm up the bathroom.

Some composters may have a warming mechanism included.  Nevertheless, a warm
spot will be better.

Aside from that, the book also discusses graywater.  That is one area in which

I think I am making great progress.  I am recycling some of it now, and perhaps
even more when I get around to making my solar distiller.

The solar distiller may need to work with worse water than I thought.  I am finding
that reusing nearly clean graywater is making the bad water even worse. 

If a composter is used, there is no way to flush it.  That means it must be
evaporated.  If it is evaporated, it can be condensed back into clear water as well.

I've done a lot of experimenting with this stuff.  Just recently, I noted that
by adding chlorine to the above mentioned nearly clean graywater, I get a deposit
on the bottom and the water may be clarifying a bit.  That is why I got the
squeeze bulb thingie, so I can pipette the water out, and deposit it in a container
for reuse.

So things are looking good for this part of my project.


No comments:

Post a Comment