Thursday, August 15, 2024

One hazard to look out for

Mosquitoes. They are attracted to standing water, and will lay their eggs in it. I found some mosquito larvae in the filtered water, which is not good. I wonder now if I have imported any of these into the swamp cooler inside. After today, I will drain the cooler, and then there will be no doubt. Too bad I didn't think of this first this morning. The cooler is filled to the brim with water collected and filtered outside. Woof.

Perhaps a screen will keep them out. It is hard to see how they could get in, but they are small and resourceful little critters.

Yesterday, the experiment resulted in over 3 gallons of water collected. That's amazing.

However, no solar power was used. In order to gather this much, the batteries and the number of panels must be increased. Not interested in spending more money on this. That leaves me with a problem. There's enough power to do this much, but it isn't enough to make the whole thing solar powered.

It would cost hundreds of dollars to get it to that point, and I'm just not that interested.





No comments:

Post a Comment