Saturday, June 18, 2011

The Morning Summary, 6/18


Time to switch gears and put my blogging shoes on.  The audience is dwindling, and, well, there may not be anything I can do about that.  Unless someone invents a longer day, or I get paid a lot more.  In the meantime, I will be pressed for time and the blog will suffer.

Nevertheless, I felt like this was a productive week for the blog.  I reviewed a book, or mostly reviewed it, and that's something.  I'd like to think of something to say about it, but I have to organize my thoughts.  Hopefully, by the end of the day, I will have something to "close the book" on Huizenga's book.

Going forward, it may well be the case that the weekends may be the only time I can blog freely.  Even then, I have to do chores that can't be done during the week.

I considered taking my computer with me.  If I do that, I will have to get an air card for my computer so I can blog while I am not driving.  This isn't cost effective though.

Maybe it is time to do it the old fashioned way, with a pen and paper.  I can take a few notes while I am not driving, then transfer them to the blog when I have the time.  That can make me a bit more productive.

There's a radio in the van, so it isn't like I have to do without information.  However, it is not the kind of information that will fit into my blog.  Radio is local, this blog is, ahem, global.

Most people get their news from TV, but I don't like TV.  It may be possible to buy a contraption I can carry with me.  A portable boob tube.  I can check that out today.  Keep tuned and I will let you know what I decide to do about that.

No comments:

Post a Comment