Saturday, June 4, 2011

The Morning Summary, 6/4


An anomaly here: Sitemeter made a new record, it hasn't been above 90 before.  This shows 94 visitors since yesterday's morning summary.  It has never made over 90 before.  On the other hand, blogger pageviews dropped from the day before.  Whatever the explanation is, it may well be that the kind of visits that I am getting has morphed into a different kind of visit.

This gives me an opportunity to discuss something that has been crossing my mind lately.  What if this blog became popular?  It is still a quite obscure blog.  Do I want popularity?  Not exactly.  But I do need it in order to monetize it.  Without an audience, I can't use that as a selling point to get advertisers.  I need advertising revenue, or some kind of revenue to sustain this activity, or it has to stop at some point in the future.  That point is getting closer every day.

It may be possible to monetize the blog in a different way.  If I were to make it subscription based, for example.   The folks who come here need to think about this.  If you like this blog, you are going to have to help me so that I can keep it going.  I think somebody is helping, and I appreciate that.  But it needs a lot more.  It still hasn't paid me a dime yet.  That is no exaggeration.  It just doesn't pay.  This will have to change.

No comments:

Post a Comment