Saturday, May 7, 2011

Books for Dummies

Maybe you've seen those books at bookstores.  Anything from A to Z is explained in a way that even a caveman can get it.  Well, I got that idea for a google search on quantum tunneling and guess what?  I got a hit.  And here it is.  Oops.  It says Quantum Mechanics for Dummies, but the google search said quantum tunneling, so how did I get here.  By way of a backlink from here.  But this is still quantum mechanics!  Okay, it is listed under quantum tunneling, but the post says it's quantum mechanics.  So, let's just go with it as it is, ok?

So, I read through the first one and I don't get it.  Let me try reading it again.  After reading it a second time, I understand it a little better.  One warning about quantum mechanics that I've heard before, it is rather strange.

I'm getting a headache.  I think I'll stop here.

Update:
I read the second one now and something struck me about human observation is believed to be what causes the change.  This is psychological, and it goes to show how psychology can influence the way we perceive things.  This leads me to the observation that people believe what they want to believe.  It may take something really penetrating to get past that mental roadblock that people put up when a reality makes it presence known, for people do not perceive a thing for what it is, but impose their own wishes upon it.

Update:
I'm hitting a wall on this fusion topic.  There are people who have dedicated a good portion of their lives studying this stuff.  I don't think I can add anything to the discussion.  Rather than to keep on with this, I will stop here.  I can't become a physicist at my age.  Time to wrap this discussion up.  I wish all who are working on this all the luck in the world.  They may need it, and so do we.

No comments:

Post a Comment