Thursday, May 26, 2011
This is a joke, right?
1. Fewer people would die on the road [ fewer people would die on the road if we went back to the horse and buggy days but that doesn't make it a good idea]
2. Demand for high-mileage cars could grow [ if high mileage cars mean smaller cars, more people will die on the road]
3. Shorter security lines [ if all the airlines went out of business, security lines would be smaller too. does that make it a good idea?]
4. Less pollution [ see #1]
5. Less congestion. [ditto]
6. High prices lead to lower prices.[ huh? if Obama says no to this idea, not necessarily]
7. More exercise. [ cavemen got more exercise, see #1]
8. End of wars [ wishful thinking, wars preceded the automobile, and may well continue when cars are obsolete]
9. Local businesses could profit. [ maybe, they could go out of business too. ]
10. It's all about democracy. [ more wishful thinking]
This article is so dumb it has to be a joke.