Monday, May 30, 2011

Morning Summary, 5/30


The plateau feature which describes the number of pageviews plotted over time seems still to be in effect.  Fancy way of saying, not any growth in audience.  The Rossi Focardi audience needs to be expanded.  Same problem, different manifestation.  Whereas Fossi Focardi needs new supporters, so does this blog.

The strategy of broadening the audience base is valid and will continue.  But there's the problem.  You have different kinds of people with different interests.

Take those who follow Rossi Focardi- they are probably scientifically oriented.  But those who are musically inclined are probably not.  This may not always be true, but it is true often enough for it to be somewhat of a problem.  The problem is how do you reach those kinds of people who aren't interested in science?   I am one of those people who can be interested in music and science, but that is probably not universally true.

Therefore, I like to write about both, but my readers may prefer that I write about one or the other exclusively.  The challenge may be in keeping both parties happy while being able to write what I want to write about.  If both can see the advantage of helping each other, maybe they will tolerate each other better.

That's the idea here.  I hope I can get some patience with that.

In any case, if you want to succeed at something that requires a lot of people, you will need to broaden the base of potential supporters.  You can't do it if you start excluding people.

After a bit of reflection, that last sentence sounds pretty "liberal".  But I am not a liberal, in the American political definition.  It reminds me of the hit song of the sixties, an era in which I remember well.  If I put that up here, any conservative readers may think I going "squishy".  But there is truth in this song.  I respect truth. Here it is, "Everyday People" by Sly and the Family Stone

No comments:

Post a Comment